Rules & Regulations
Thank you for your interest in our Year Round Farmers’ Market.
- The Morinville Farmers’ Market is sponsored by the Morinville Festival Society
- Applications from returning vendors will receive first consideration however, previous participation does not guarantee acceptance. All applications are subject to review and approval by the Farmers’ Market Manager.
- Market stall allocation will be based on an overall Market plan, which considers previous location in the Market. Changes to accommodate Town regulations, street construction, building renovations or Market plan may alter Market locations
Complete applications and monies must be in to the Market Manager in order to confirm your stall in our market. Please make all cheques payable to the Morinville Farmers’ Market.
please see our price page
For definitions of type of Vendors
please click here now
Payment is due in full with your application. Only those vendors who have paid in full will secure their stall location. Please return application and your payment to the Morinville Farmers’ Market, PO Box 3168, Morinville, AB T8R 1S1. All cheques are to be made payable to the: Morinville Farmers’ Market.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO LIMIT MARKET SIZE, AND TO REJECT APPLICATIONS WITH OR WITHOUT REASON. DECISIONS OF THE FESTIVAL SOCIETY AND ITS MARKET MANAGER ARE FINAL.
Rules and Regulations
(Please retain for your records)
Vendors are accepted based on the items approved as listed on the application form, and as such may only sell approved items. Any changes or additions to product lines must be given to the Market Manager in writing for approval IN ADVANCE.
- All food vendors are responsible to know and comply with all applicable health regulations.
- Vendor tables are subject to inspection by Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development, AFMA (Alberta Farmers’ Market Association) and Capital Health without notice.
- Any vendor found not to be in compliance with Capital Health will be immediately removed from the market.
- All prepared food items MUST be labeled, clearly stating the vendor’s name and address etc….as set out in all applicable health regulations
- Vendors providing samples must supply garbage containers in a location easily visible and accessible to customers.
- Vendors must remove all garbage including bags, boxes, and refuse from produce. All vendors are responsible for cleaning up their stall area.
- Vendors obtain the right to use the assigned stall and are responsible to either use the space or to provide, to the Market Manager, 24 hours advance notice that the space will not be utilized for a specific date or dates. Failure to notify the Market Manager by 11am Thursday before the Market will result in a forfeiture of any refund available.
- Vendors MAY NOT loan, give or sublease the stall assigned to them.
- Vendors are required to be in place and ready to operate 15 minutes prior to public opening for each Market day.
- Vendors are required to remain in place until the market closes unless otherwise specified by the Market Manager.
- Public selling begins on time and NO EARLIER. This excludes sales vendor to vendor.
- Public selling will end promptly on time and NO LATER.
- Each Vendor will be assigned a stall . Preference for location will be given only to our Seasonal Vendors. Final decision on vendor location is up to the Market Manager. No Vendor may set up in any other location than the space assigned to them.
- All tables and displays must fit within the designated area. Vendors using more than the allotted space will be charged for a 2nd stall.
- Vendors are to bring their own supplies If power is required you will need to bring your own extension cords.
- Vendors are expected to behave in an ethical & professional manner at all times. Failure to do so will result in an automatic expulsion and all monies forfeited. Expulsion from the Farmers’ Market will also result in the expulsion from all events sponsored by the Festival Society.
- Disputes among vendors and/or customers must be brought to the Market Manager. Rude and/or crude behavior towards anyone will not be tolerated in the marketplace.
- Vendors who have complaints concerning the market, its operation, rules, etc. may address these to the Market Manager. If there is an unsatisfactory resolution of the concern(s) please fill out a Notice of Dispute. Submit the Notice of Dispute and all supporting documents to the Morinville Festival Society c/o the Market Manager.
- Failure to comply with Market Rules & Regulations may result in, and not necessarily in this order: a written warning; a $25.00 charge, and/or loss of permanent or weekly stall(s). Loss of permanent or weekly stall(s) will result in all monies being forfeited. All decisions made by the Committee appointed Farmers’ Market Manager are final.
NOTE: THE FESTIVAL SOCIETY AND ITS MARKET MANAGER RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE, INTERPRET, AND ENFORCE THESE POLICIES AND GUIDELINES AS DEEMED NECESSARY TO MAINTAIN CONSISTENCY AND INDIVIDUALITY OF THE MARKET FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL SERVED BY THE MARKET. **RULES AND REGULATIONS/CRITERIA ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
MARKET MANAGER EMAIL: Morinvillefarmersmarket@gmail.com
Phone # 780-934-2379